Monday, September 2, 2013

Mehray's reading corner #1

Greetings and salutations (:
While I work on a few of my reviews that I want to post up on the blog I thought in the meantime I'd share my current read and the upcoming books I've got on my never ending to-read list.
Let's get to it !

Currently reading:

Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young
Synopsis: 
In a lawless future land, where life is cheap and survival is hard, Saba has been brought up in isolated Silverlake. She never sees the dangers of the destructive society outside. When her twin brother is snatched by mysterious black-robed riders, she sets outon an epic quest to rescue him. The story's searing pace, its spare style, the excitement of its fabulously damaged world, its unforgettably vivid characters, its violent action and glorious lovestory make this a truly sensational YA debut novel.


To-read list:

1. Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1) by Emmy Laybourne
Synopsis:
Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong...

Fourteen kids stranded inside a superstore. Inside they have everything they could ever need. There's junk food and clothes, computer games and books, drugs and alcohol... and without adult supervision they can do whatever they want.

Sounds like fun? But outside the world is being ripped apart by violent storms and chemicals leaking into the atmosphere that, depending on blood type, leave victims paranoid, violent or dead. The kids must remain inside, forced to create their own community, unsure if they'll ever be able to leave. Can they stop the world they've created inside from self-destructing too?


2. Mila 2.0 (Mila 2.0, #1) by Debra Driza
Synopsis:
Mila 2.0 is the first book in an electrifying sci-fi thriller series about a teenage girl who discovers that she is an experiment in artificial intelligence.

Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past—that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do. 

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila’s becoming is beyond anyone’s imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life.

Mila 2.0 is Debra Driza’s bold debut and the first book in a Bourne Identity-style trilogy that combines heart-pounding action with a riveting exploration of what it really means to be human. Fans of I Am Number Four will love Mila for who she is and what she longs to be—and a cliffhanger ending will leave them breathlessly awaiting the sequel.


3. Partials (Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells
Synopsis:
The only hope for humanity isn’t human.

In a world where people have been all but wiped out by a virus created by part-human cyborgs called ‘Partials’, and where no baby survives longer than three days, a teenage girl makes it her mission to find a cure, and save her best friend’s unborn child.

But finding a cure means capturing a Partial…


By the way, if you haven't already noticed, they all have something in common heh...... they're all Dystopian reads <3 I am a huge huge Dystopia fan so I'm really excited to get into these books.
But I've gotta say, I'm finding it really difficult to get into Blood Red Road because of the grammar and writing style. I've never read anything quite like this book and I honestly feel like throwing it across the room due to my frustration. However ! Since I've heard so many good things about it I'm forcing myself to get over the annoying grammar and continue reading. I guess I just need a good overdose of patience.
Anyhow, ignoring what I just said, how gorgeous is the cover though ?? I am in LOVE. And don't even get me started on Mila 2.0... Absolutely GORGEOUS (I'm a total sucker for beautiful covers. It's my kryptonite *shhh* just ask Almera)

Until my next post, ave atque vale.

No comments:

Post a Comment